6 Ways How Tantra Yoga Changes Your Life
Tantra encompasses a variety of teachings and to summarize the nature of ‘tantric’ or ‘Tantra Yoga’ is quite the task. A lot of people tend to focus on the superficial these days.
What can be said is that when compared to other spiritual systems that you might be familiar with, like Buddhism, Zen, Bhakti and the like, Tantra is very powerful and has more potential for the modern person to go deeper and discover the Self.
What does this mean? What are the effects of taking the path of Tantra Yoga?
Success in Tantra Yoga demands several steps
It would be wrong to call Tantra Yoga or Yoga in general a type of ‘spiritual gymnastics’. While it does affect the physical body, it is but one part of the greater whole – a path to spiritual enlightenment.
Tantric Yoga, even the physical practices of it which are mostly known under the name of Hatha Yoga, focuses on energy. Tantrics learned to master energy and for that a certain commitment is required. You will not achieve great results in Tantra Yoga if you only take it as a ‘hobby’. It should be ‘a calling’ or ‘a discipline’ – investing time into it means investing into yourself.
There is much to gain with focus
Committing yourself to Tantra Yoga enables you to unlock hidden potential within your mind and body. Specific changes that occur as you develop are:
- Your mind will start expanding – all sensations and understanding will grow
- You will start perceiving energy not only within yourself, but also in your surroundings
- You will learn to control energy and use it for your spiritual benefit
- Your body will become more healthy – you will overcome disruptions in energy within your body, which means you will also overcome illness
- You will become aware on a subtle level of a higher aspect within yourself – some call it the ‘soul’
- You will learn to know your true Self on a spiritual dimension
As anything in life worth having and worth developing time and commitment are needed. Just as you would learn to play an instrument under a master to make world-class music or study physics to understand the universe – so do results in Tantra Yoga require more than just the willpower of a jellyfish. Are you up for it?