5 Important Things to Know About Tantric Sex
Tantric sex and sexuality is something that piques the interest of a lot of people. Even just the word “Tantra” itself is often associated only with sexual topics, giving it a sense of mystery and eroticism.
Because of a heightened level of natural curiosity towards sex, people tend to make many assumptions and build up a lot of expectations about courses containing the word “Tantra” in their titles. But curiosity towards sexuality is nothing to be ashamed of. On the contrary, it can take you to amazing spiritual experiences and evolve you like you never imagined. Here are five things you should know before joining a tantric sexuality course.
What exactly is Tantric sex about?
- Spirituality is the key. Tantric sex is not about “new ways of sex”. Coming to these teachings with such a mindset makes you miss out on a lot. Instead be open to gain a new perspective on your sexuality and its potential. Don’t worry, Tantra is not a religion and you do not need to have spiritual goals. There is simply more to it than sex.
- There is a bigger picture. Tantra is the study of energy and sexual energy is an important part of it. To only care about the physical aspect of sex is to leave great gaps in your knowledge. Learning about the whole tantric tradition not only makes you more knowledgeable, but opens your eyes to the pearls that you would otherwise easily miss.
- Tantra is a step towards learning to master (sexual) energy. A single course is but a step towards becoming a tantric, but it can be a tremendous springboard in the right direction. To be tantric means to have the ability to control energy with your mind. Sounds mysterious and magical? Spot on, it is!
- Choosing the right course and teacher is important. If a course catches your interest, check to see if their teachings are based on actual tantric traditions. That not only guarantees its benefits but also your own safety. Learning to become aware of the energy in your body should be done with care.
- It requires practice like any skill. A course offers guidelines, not immediate transformation. Becoming a tantric lover is not only about lovemaking, but also the techniques that surround it. You need to unlearn some old habits and learn some new ones. It is important to understand the principles of how sexual energy works, both in men and women, before even mixing them together. With good practice the first results in tantric sexuality may come as early as in a few days. For more established skills much longer practice is needed of course.
What does it lead to?
Tantric sexual practice means using the sexual energy, which is mainly located in the lower parts of your body, and learning how to channel it into higher energy centers, which will then bring forth miraculous tantric effects. Traditionally tantric sex is not the end-goal, but a tool on a very pleasant and enjoyable spiritual journey, regardless if your goals are practical or reaching buddhahood itself.
If the above is too abstract for you, then simply imagine making love where instead of the average 5-8% activation of the brain you use 30, or 50 or 80% of your brain’s capacity… It is an incredible experience which will impact your whole being!
See our video: Full body energy orgasm with tantric massage