Oh, seems you missed this course!
Check out the next courses here.
Our Meditation Teacher Training Course (MTTC) is designed first and foremost for the spiritually oriented student who is keen to uncover the mysteries of his or her own mind. This course was personally crafted by our school’s founder, Somananda, a self-realized yogi and advanced teacher of meditation, Yoga, and Tantra. His spiritual achievements are a testament to the successes our MTTC can bring to the individual.
The MTTC provides an extraordinary opportunity to discover the hidden potential of rare meditation techniques whose origins date back thousands of years and are derived from ancient and verified traditions such as Kashmiri Shaivism, Raja Yoga, and Tantra.
- Receive a formal certificate to teach Somananda Meditation
- Benefit from a spiritual empowerment initiation given by Somananda that brings unprecedented power to your spiritual capabilities and influence as a meditation teacher
- As a MTTC graduate you will be eligible to apply to join our international teaching team and give courses under the name of Somananda Tantra School in various countries
Since theory is known by mastery in practice, in this 28-day intensive retreat you will experience a personal transformation within yourself by accessing higher states of consciousness and learning how to create a special field of energy in a group setting that fosters deep transformation in others and a stepping stone for evolution.
The Meditation Teacher Training Course will take place over a period of four weeks and will open with a compulsory 10-day silent Higher Tantra: Trika Meditation Retreat. The MTTC curriculum will prepare you to deliver relevant lectures as well as to teach the meditation techniques needed to successfully lead Somananda Meditation courses worldwide.
The MTTC is led by Somananda and Liisa Maimon and is supported by other team members.
Personal skills you gain:
- Obtain verifiable improved control over your state of awareness
- Increase the duration of your own mental concentration and develop various mental powers
- Learn techniques for surpassing the mind and its limits to reach states of higher consciousness
- Cleanse your mental landscape of fluctuations and impurities
- Become the commander and controller of your mind at will
My mind has never been so focused, clean and powerful . This is what several weeks of meditating with Somananda has given me. Priceless!
I am so happy I picked this tantric school for my meditation training. An accomplished guru can take you sooooo far...
I experienced an expansion of the mind which I will never be able to describe in words. This is the ultimate push to continue with my practice.
Here I have learned that the "busy monkey mind" is not natural at all. I was a slave to it. Now I am knowledgeable and free.
What can I say... Simply incredible! Mentally rejuvenating beyond belief.
Practical skills you gain:
- One who completes the MTTC will be able to create spiritual effects within yourself and also facilitate the experience within others
- Gain essential and practical knowledge regarding meditation, varying levels of consciousness and enlightenment, and the structure and laws that govern the mind
- Understand what mental prana is, how to access it, and how to emit your own mental prana to induce group awareness
- Transmit a special energetic field that supports the advancement of the group you are leading
- Develop a dynamic and engaging teaching persona that can share the skills you have learned and train with confidence, wisdom, and maturity
- Ample opportunities to practice and advance your newly acquired skills among your peers and trusted teachers
- Become an accomplished Somananda Meditation Teacher able to lead groups with various dynamics and to guide individuals to a deep understanding and capable level of practice
Curriculum of Study
Module 1: Higher Tantra: Trika Meditation Retreat (17-27 September)
- Mental, physical, and emotional preparation for the MTTC component of the course
- Purification of the mind
- Learned tools to create a state of absolute centeredness and inner focus at will
- Methods for controlled expansion of the mind and perception of the higher, true self – Atman
- Awareness and control of mental fluctuations and emotions
- Enlightenment explained
- The study and practice of various techniques from the Vijñāna Bhairava Tantra, the tantric manual for enlightenment
- Examination of Raja Yoga techniques including mind deconstruction, concentration, expansion, and samyama (yogic identification)
- Meditations for opening and augmenting the third eye, ajna chakra
- Pratyabhijñā techniques of meditation and sudden self-realization
Module 2: Learning to teach Somananda Meditation
- Understanding the principles of meditation
- Mental prana explained
- How to lead a guided meditation
- Study and presentation of foundational lectures for meditation courses
- Proficiency in meditation techniques from three lineages: Raja Yoga, Tantra Yoga, and Kashmiri Shaivism
- Raja Yoga: What is the mind, how can a person work with his or her own mind, contraction and expansion of the mind, levels of consciousness, levels of enlightenment
- Tantra Yoga: The world as energy, astral dimensions, initiations explained
- Kashmiri Shaivism: Meditation techniques designed to take you to deeper states of consciousness
- Mastering mind control
- The importance of consecration when teaching
- Generating an energetic force field in meditation courses – why is it important and how to do it
- Challenges you will face as a meditation teacher and how to overcome them
Module 3: Becoming a teacher – Practicums and acquiring teaching skills
- Receive an empowerment initiation from Somananda
- Presenting selected lectures to students on various meditation topics
- Facilitating concentration for a group
- How to increase the capacity of your mind and become a mental conduit for elevating the level of the collective consciousness in a course or group setting
- Mentally creating coherent vibrations which drown the chaotic vibrations of students’ untrained minds
- Adeptness on how to adapt course teachings to varying levels of proficiency in students and group sizes
- Guiding and executing meditation classes and courses of 5 to 7 days in duration
- How to teach spirituality and share spiritual knowledge and energy
- Personal preparations before teaching
- Learning how to help students activate essential energies in their physical bodies that are necessary for successful meditation
- Ample practice of teaching whereby MTTC students lead the group in lectures and meditation sessions
Becoming a meditation teacher will have a great spiritual impact on your own life, with the potential to transform you both personally and professionally. Upon completion of the Somananda Tantra School MTTC you will be prepared to not only lead a meditation course that results in the verifiable spiritual advancement and evolution of your students but you will be backed by the empowerment of a guru that allows you to do so. This is what makes the MTTC revolutionary and unique… the transmission of the spiritual force from guru to disciple.
Through your mind alone you can have a spiritual impact on the world and humanity! Unleash your mental ripple….
The MTTC involves more than 200 hours of intense theoretical and practical studies and training. It is conducted over a period of four weeks and culminates with a theoretical and practical exam.
Upon successful completion and passing of the exam, a Somananda Meditation Teacher’s Certificate will be issued to graduates by the Somananda Tantra School.
The entire retreat will be held at a beautiful and serene family-owned retreat center in the Himalayan Mountains, just 3km from Rishikesh’s Laxman Jhula area. Accommodation and meals will be provided for the full duration of the course.
Module 1 of the MTTC begins with the 10-day Higher Tantra: Trika Meditation Retreat and is open to MTTC students as well as the public. Participation in the Trika Meditation Retreat is compulsory for MTTC students and will prime you for this intensive training by gradually withdrawing you from the sensory world, purifying your physical body and mind, initiating a higher spiritual resonance, and creating a fertile landscape for the higher teachings that will follow in Modules 2 and 3.
Modules 2 and 3 will be exclusively for MTTC students and will include practicum training sessions during which all participants will teach basic Hatha Yoga classes, give lectures, and lead meditation sessions for their peers and MTTC teachers. These practicums will be followed by feedback and comments on the student-teacher’s performance
Our MTTC is conducted in the English language. During practicums students will need to give lectures and conduct practical sessions in English. Please be sure that your language proficiency is at the necessary level before you apply for the course.
Module 1 (17-27 September, 2017)
Day 1 (17 September) – Arrival and welcome in Rishikesh Valley
We will welcome you at the retreat venue in Rishikesh. Our welcome dinner begins at 19:00, but you may choose to arrive anytime from 14:00 onward. You will receive guidelines on how to make your way from Delhi to Rishikesh and how to reach the retreat venue once in Rishikesh.
Days 2-10 (18-26 September) – Full retreat days
- 07:00 Retreat session I
- 08:00 Breakfast
- 09:00 Retreat session II
- 13:00 Lunch and rest
- 15:00 Additional study for TTC students
- 16:00 Retreat session III
- 20:00 Dinner
- 21:00 Q&A (questions shall be submitted in writing in order to preserve sacred silence)
- 22:00 Lights out!
Day 11 (27 September) – Conclusion of Module I by lunch time followed by free afternoon and evening.
Module 2 and 3 (28 September-15 October, 2017)
Days 12-13 (28-29 September) – There will be a two-day break after the conclusion of Module 1 and the beginning of Modules 2 and 3. These days are meant for individual practice, contemplation, and rest.
Days 14-27 (30 September-14 October) – Teachings and practice of the MTTC curriculum for approximately eight hours daily. A regular day will begin at 7:00 until 20:00 with several breaks. In terms of rhythm, more intense sessions and practicums will follow more relaxed ones, so that participants do not need to sustain their energy maximally and have intervals to revitalize.
- 07:00 Course session I
- 08:00 Breakfast
- 09:00 Course session II
- 13:00 Lunch and rest
- 16:00 Course session III
- 20:00 Dinner
- 21:00 Occasional satsangs
- 22:00 Lights out!
The course exam is planned to take place on Saturday, 14 October. That same evening we will also hold our final group event, with details to be given later.
Day 28, the final day (15 October) – We will begin at 9.30 with final remarks, our graduation ceremony, and a course-ending celebration. Our last day will conclude by 15:00. Please do not plan your departure from Rishikesh Valley earlier than this.
The MTTC is open to all individuals, beginners and advanced alike, who are spiritually inclined and have a curiosity toward the mysteries of the mind. If you wish to examine and expand your own mind and have a genuine and humble attitude toward sharing this exceptional knowledge with others you are an excellent candidate for becoming a teacher of Somananda Meditation.
No, this is not a prerequisite for joining our MTTC. Our unique curriculum caters to all levels of students, novice to advanced, and in fact will help you to develop an authentic spiritual practice of your own if this is not an established part of your life already.
Meditation principles and various techniques will be derived from three ancient lineages: Raja Yoga, Tantra Yoga, and Kashmiri Shaivism.
Yes, Module III of this course will be dedicated to teaching practicums which aid in the assimilation of the knowledge and techniques you have learned as well as the development of your teaching persona. You will be required to lead a basic Yoga class, give lectures, and lead a meditation session for your peers and trusted teachers. We find this practice portion of the program essential in the preparation and molding of you as a teacher.
The first 10 days of the program include participation in our Trika Meditation Retreat. It is beneficial for all participants to begin with the silent retreat to disconnect from the sensory world and prepare the mind and physical body for the higher teachings of Modules II and III. For complete retreat rules regarding the silent portion of this retreat please click here and scroll down to FAQ.
This intensive 28-day program will prepare you to deliver the relevant lectures as well as teach the meditation techniques needed to successfully lead Somananda Meditation classes and retreats of up to 10 days in duration.
The MTTC is a 28-day course that prepares the participant to teach the Somananda Meditation method to others either in group courses or on an individual basis. This training is geared toward acquiring the practical and experiential skills and credentials necessary to teach Somananda Meditation. The MTTC does not give any license to teach our Trika Meditation Retreat nor the MTTC itself.
The 10-day Trika Meditation Retreat is designed for individuals who seek a comprehensive system with structured and measurable mental self-development techniques that lead directly to self-realization.
Yes. MTTC will give you the necessary knowledge and skills to teach authentic meditation to others. This course will set you off towards the right goals. However, your own meditation skill will of course continue to improve over time as you continue with your personal practice after the MTTC.
Self-realization is an achievable phenomenon normally reached after many years of diligent and dedicated practice and experience and cannot be attained overnight. If self-realization is your goal this course is an excellent impetus for propelling you forward in your spiritual evolution, and it ensures that you follow an authentic path backed by science, tradition, and lineage.
Upon successful completion of the course and passing of the exam, a Somananda Meditation Teacher’s Certificate will be issued to you by the Somananda Tantra School.
In the unlikely event that you do not pass the exam you may take it again at a later date. Until that time a certificate will not be issued to you.
Our team will send you suggestions and guidelines prior to the course regarding how to plan your arrival and departure from the course venue. With regard to TTCs held in India, we suggest arriving to the country at least two days before the TTC begins and planning your departing flights also earliest two days after the course ends.
There are indeed some items we recommend bringing with you and the exact list will be sent to all participants a couple of weeks prior to the beginning of the retreat. One of the needed items is a Yoga mat that can be used outdoors.
We recommend you bring only very comfortable clothing made of natural materials. Your clothing should allow you a full range of movement during Yoga practice and when sitting in any meditation position. Clothing suggestions depend on the local climate, so please reference that online to understand what you will consider most appropriate for your own needs. For courses and retreats in Rishikesh, as it is a holy and very religious city, modest and non-revealing clothing is required, especially for women – for example, long pants, long skirts or dresses, covered shoulders, and no deep cleavage. More details will be sent in an email to all participants before the retreat.
Final Exam & Certification
In order to receive the Somananda Meditation Teacher’s Certificate a participant must successfully pass both the theoretical and practical elements of the exam. The theoretical element includes multiple-choice questions. The practical element includes a general cumulative assessment of all practicums led by the participant during the MTTC plus additional practical assignments given by the lead teachers. A student’s final exam grade must meet or exceed 80 percent in order to receive the certification.
Please note that participation alone DOES NOT guarantee certification. You will need to acquire and display all the necessary skills to be eligible for a certificate. Final decision will be done by the MTTC head teacher Somananda. Not passing your practicums and/or theoretical exam at the required level means that you can apply for a certificate at a later time, after more personal practice and preparation. Please be aware of this before you make your payment.
For the purpose of creating a balanced and harmonious group, this course can be joined by application only. Once you have completed your deposit payment online within 2 days you will receive a link to a short application form by email. Upon completing the form your application will be processed and a reply including news of your approval will be given within five working days. If an applicant is not approved to join the MTTC, the deposit payment will be immediately refunded in full.
Due to a cancellation 3 spot remaining!
Early-early bird fee: €2,720, available if full payment is completed by 17 June, 2017
Early bird fee: €2,920, available if full payment is completed by 17 August, 2017
Regular fee: €3,120, in effect beginning 18 August, 2017. The course fee must be paid in full by 7 September, 2017.
The course fee includes: All course teachings and various supplies, course materials, accommodation on a shared occupancy basis (two or three people per room), rejuvenating Ayurvedic vegetarian meals three times a day.
The course fee does not include: Flights and other transportation to India and to the course venue in Rishikesh, the cost of personal supplies for each participant (e.g. Yoga mat, Yoga clothes, and other items – a list will be sent prior to the course start date)
To apply for the MTTC a deposit of minimum €650 (Payment 1) is required in order for your application to be reviewed. This amount is included in the prices listed above. After you receive confirmation of your acceptance to the course, you may make the remaining tuition payment (Payment 2).
All payments can be made with a debit or credit card below. If you choose to cancel your participation after applying, the deposit payment is non-refundable. It may not be used as payment toward any other Somananda Tantra School course nor may it be used on behalf of another participant applying for the same course. Please read and affirm that you fully understand our Terms of Service before making your payments as other payment and cancellation policies also apply.
Rishikesh Valley is a beautiful and serene family-owned retreat center in the mountains 3km from Rishikesh’s Laxman Jhula area. It is located in a very private area that has eluded even the slightest disturbances brought about by modernity. Surrounded by centuries-old Himalayan forests and absolute tranquility you can bond with nature in the most pleasurable way possible. You will breathe clean mountain air and take dips in a refreshing natural mountain stream.
Accommodation will be provided in simple yet comfortable wooden cabins on a shared occupancy basis (two or three people per cabin). Hot showers and simple bathrooms are available. Our retreat sessions are conducted outdoors in a roofed practice area, so you will be surrounded by a breathtaking view of green mountains and rice fields.
The venue has very-very limited internet and cell phone coverage, guaranteeing your full attention to internal spiritual quests.