Oh, seems you missed this course!
Check out the next courses here.
Whereas meditation is known as a potent practice – and even today recognized by business giants like Google and Apple – it is not merely “neural self-hacking,” or stopping thoughts. None of these approaches come close to accessing the vast potential of the mind, its subtle structure, and its unlimited power to take us all the way to the heights of mental and spiritual accomplishment.
What is Trika Meditation®?
Trika Meditation is the comprehensive system for those who seek structured and measurable mental self-development that leads directly to self-realization.
It is an advanced form of tantric meditation which originated in 9th century Kashmir, India. Known broadly as Kashmiri Shaivism, the Trika (or “Triad”) School represents the pinnacle of teachings and practice within this most advanced lineage of Tantra. This meditation system is perfect and complete, meant to bring the practitioner into the realm of spiritual realization and a special state of pratyabhijñā – recognition of the Supreme Self, the ultimate in spiritual aspirations.
Despite being mostly unknown in modern times, the tradition of Kashmiri Shaivism is a rare and authentic spiritual gem. This practice is derived from the most powerful of all metaphysical tantric teachings on the planet and, combined with additional knowledge from Raja Yoga, our Trika Meditation Retreat provides a true guide for those who seek to climb the ladder of evolution from self-development to eventual spiritual success.
The content of this page is protected by the copyright law.
What You Will Gain from the Retreat
- Verifiable improved control over your state of awareness
- Enhanced ability to concentrate and development of various mental powers
- The tools to create a state of absolute centeredness and inner focus at will
- Techniques for surpassing the mind and its limits to reach states of higher consciousness
- Methods for controlled expansion of the mind and perception of the higher, true self – Atman
- Tools to access to the state of pratyabhijñā, recognition and self-realization
Teachings and Practices During the Retreat
- Study and practice of various techniques from the Vijñāna Bhairava Tantra, the tantric manual for enlightenment
- Study and practice of the Raja Yoga techniques of mind deconstruction, concentration, expansion, and samyama (yogic identification)
- Meditations for opening and augmenting the third eye, ajna chakra
- Pratyabhijñā techniques of meditation and sudden self-realization
My mind is so much more powerful than I ever could have known. Somananda is a true master – a guru that can take you all the way.
I was new to meditation. I am so grateful for landing to the exact right retreat and the exact right tantric teachings. Thank you!
All my life I have suffered from emotional imbalances and mental issues. Trika Retreats have made a huge difference for me. I am again in charge of my own life.
Incredible meditations! Wow… No words to describe it. I am a Trika meditation addict :).
This tradition is so authentic, so deep and so incredible. Keeping the silence was surprisingly easy. In fact, I want to be more silent in my daily life as well.
Inner peace and clarity are beyond measure. I have never before experiences such mental control!
Trika Meditation Achievement Levels
As defined in Yoga, meditation is the “controlled expansion of the mind.” This seemingly remote idea is actually a skill that not only anyone can acquire but one which is also improved and perfected with practice. In fact, while surprising to some, individual proficiency and development in meditation is tangible and can be measured clearly.
Head teacher, Somananda, has created a system of seven Trika Meditation Achievement Levels to help practitioners understand their development and path to the highest goal.
Trika Meditation Achievement Level 1
- The mind grows in meditation to extend outside the body up to 15 centimeters in all directions
- The mind becomes silent and peaceful at will
- Emotional disturbances or imbalances are reduced to between three and five unwanted thought occurrences per day
- Inner faith grows rapidly and a sense of inner happiness is obtained
Trika Meditation Achievement Level 2
- The mind grows in meditation to extend outside the body in a subtle spherical shape up to 1-2 meters in all directions
- The perception of the mind becomes more solid and tangible, with a clear state of mental awareness becoming permanent
- Emotions become pliable and elastic, and the practitioner can now generate desired emotions on command
- The perception of other people’s (and animals’) emotions is now achieved, in glimpses and bursts as empathic abilities become available
Trika Meditation Achievement Level 3
- The mind can now grow and expand in meditation to extend outside the body in a subtle spherical shape up to about 5 meters in all directions
- The mind’s quality changes perceptibly into a tangible form, with mental expansion becoming a distinct process that can now be directed toward any object or subject with enhanced accuracy and efficiency
- Mental abilities are augmented and memory improved, in development that can be clearly assessed on a daily basis
- A state of emotional detachment is achieved (an awareness of one’s emotional state at all times and ability to clearly choose at will whether to react from, reside in, or functionally use the emotions)
- Level 1 Telepathy is achieved – gaining the obvious perception of other people’s (and animals’) emotions, basic thoughts, and mental tendencies. At this level the perception of thoughts is still somewhat random and at times vague.
- The mind becomes aware of a higher level of consciousness
Trika Meditation Achievement Level 4
- At this level the mind has the ability to grow and expand in meditation to extend outside the body in a subtle spherical shape up to 20-30 meters in all directions
- The mind attains pure insight into people and animals who are within this sphere of mental expansion
- The mind’s quality, chitta, has become as clear and tangible as a muscle, with the result that mental exercises can be done with efficiency and techniques for major mental prowess are now taught and used
- Emotional control is now absolute, with detachment sustained at a high level
- Level 2 Telepathy has been reached; reading, understanding, and perceiving other people’s thoughts, mental tendencies, and interests is achieved effortlessly. Mental triggers and controls are taught.
- Progress is achieved with regard to controlling your newly acquired telepathic abilities, including respect for people’s privacy and avoidance of karmic impediments
- The mind is now able to switch its substance on and off, thus allowing an opening to higher levels of consciousness
Trika Meditation Achievement Level 5
- At this level the mind has the ability to grow and expand in meditation to extend outside the body in a subtle spherical shape up to 100 meters in all directions
- Deepened insights are acquired into people and animals within this sphere of mental expansion
- The mind is able to predict short-term future events and a high level of intuition is accessed
- The ability to create mental structures is gained, alongside access to storage of various types of internal cosmic knowledge and the ability to apply it coherently and successfully
- Level 3 Telepathy: A high degree of restraint and control is achieved while mental influence on behalf of any individual for spiritual inspiration and support is obtained. This is done in conjunction with the yogic yamas and niyamas (morals and ethics) as well as divine guidance.
- A vision of the clear light is achieved with a higher level of consciousness
Trika Meditation Achievement Level 6
- At this level the mind has the ability to grow and expand in meditation to extend outside the body in a subtle spherical shape with no limits
- All prior meditation achievements are brought to a deeper, more powerful level
- A list of untold mental abilities are now accessible (these are detailed and specific training is provided)
- A clear perception of the crown chakra activation and a state of “no thought” are achieved
- An ability to deconstruct reality is realized and the practitioner obtains the sure vision of maya, or illusion (“The Matrix”)
Trika Meditation Achievement Level 7
- Nirvikalpa samadhi
- Pratyabhijñā state achieved
- Shaktipata – the experience of Divine Grace
Day 1 (17 September 2017) – Welcome in Rishikesh Valley
We will welcome you in the retreat venue in Rishikesh. Welcome dinner begins at 19:00, but you can arrive from 14:00 onwards. You will receive guideline on how to make your way from Delhi to Rishikesh and how to reach the retreat venue once in Rishikesh.
Days 2-10 (18 – 26 September 2017) – Full retreat days
- 7.00 Retreat session I
- 8.00 Breakfast
- 9.00 Retreat session II
- 13.00 Lunch and rest
- 16.00 Retreat session III
- 20.00 Dinner
- 21.00 Q&A (questions shall be submitted in writing in order to preserve sacred silence)
- 22.00 Lights out!
Day 11 (27 September 2017) – Conclusion and departure
Conclusion of our Trika Meditation Retreat and departure after lunch. You will need to make your own way back to Delhi or to your next destination. Local staff is available for help and support.
Yes, absolutely. The Trika system of tantric meditation is highly efficient and practical. If you have little or no prior experience with meditation, you will have no difficulty in understanding the tantric Trika path. All needed teachings are included in the retreat.
Our team will send you suggestions and guidelines prior to the retreat regarding how to plan your arrival and departure from the retreat venue. In case of retreats in India, we suggest to arrive to the country at least two of days before the retreat begins and plan your departing flight also two days after.
There are indeed some items we recommend to bring with you and the exact list will be sent to all participants a couple of week prior to the beginning of the retreat. One of the needed items is a Yoga mat that can also be used outdoors.
We recommend only very comfortable clothing made of natural materials. Your clothing should allow you a full range of movement in Yoga practice and when sitting in various meditation positions. Clothing suggestions depend also on local weather, so please look into that online also.
For retreats in Rishikesh, as it is a holy and very religious city, modest and non-revealing clothing is required, especially for women – for example long pants, long skirts or dresses, covered shoulders and no deep cleavages. More details will be sent in an email to all participants before the retreat.
Exceptions include, of course, the days of arrival and departure. Silence also here encompasses interpersonal communications such as gestures, silently mouthing words, writing notes, etc. Notes will be allowed only for daily Q&A and administrative emergencies. The retreat leader will announce the beginning and end of mauna.
Non-residential Trika Retreats may not require full mauna. Please see the details for every particular retreat.
This includes tablets, phones, laptops, mp3 players, etc. Exceptions may be made upon personal request and such exceptions need to be requested personally from the retreat leader and approved before mauna begins.
Although there may be a temptation to keep your phone with you for emergencies, we will provide you with an emergency contact for your family or business which may be called if anyone needs to reach you, thereby allowing you to relax fully into the retreat experience knowing that retreat administration will alert you if necessary to any issue needing your urgent attention.
Couples joining a residential retreat together will be placed in separate rooms for a more internalized and deeper retreat experience. During nonresidential retreats, we ask you to not engage in any sexual activity during the retreat period.
This includes – in addition to the use of electronic devices – books, magazines, and the like. To support your retreat experience, we will offer to collect any of these belongings and hold them in a bag for you during the retreat. Best, however, would be to leave them at home if possible. Let this be an opportunity to completely unplug yourself and turn your focus inward.
In a residential retreat you will be awakened by a gong and every new session of the day will be signaled by the gong. The gong will be struck repeatedly to ensure that everyone has heard it.
No smoking, consumption of alcohol, or use of recreational drugs is allowed during the retreat.
Due to a cancellation 1 spot remaining.
- Early-early-bird fee: €1,180, this fee is available if full payment is made by 17 July 2017.
- Early-bird fee: €1,280, this fee is available if full payment is made by 17 August 2017.
- Regular fee: €1,380, this fee is starting from 18 August 2017.
If two people join and pay together with the same payment, we are offering a 10% discount. In this case please use the discount code trika-together-india in the checkout process. (It needs to be ONE payment)
Retreat fee includes: accommodation for ten nights and three vegetarian meals during each day of the retreat, all retreat teachings and personals support
Retreat fee does not include: flights or any local transportation to and from the retreat venue, visas, travel insurance, any personal costs
Payment in installments: We are offering also the option to pay in installments for this unique retreat. To book your place in the retreat, the minimum installment of €550 per person is required.
You can make your first and the consecutive installment payment on this Manual Transfer page. To receive the early-early-bird or early-bird special prices, please make sure the full payment has been completed by the required date as shown.
Please do not make any travel arrangements until you have received a group confirmation in an email from us! We take no responsibility for any expenses made for travel or accommodation costs.
Rishikesh Valley is a beautiful and serene family owned retreat center in the mountains 3km from Rishikesh Laxman Jhula area. It is located in a very private area that has eluded even the slightest disturbances brought about by modernity. Surrounded by centuries old Himalayan forests and undisturbed tranquility you can bond with nature in the most pleasurable way possible. You will breathe the clean mountain air and take dips in refreshing natural mountain stream.
You will be accommodated in simple, yet comfortable wooden cabins in shared occupancy (2-3 people per cabin). Hot showers and simple bathrooms are available. Our retreat sessions are conducted outdoors in a roofed practice area, so you will be surrounded by breath-taking green mountains and rice fields.
The venue has very-very limited internet and cell phone coverage, guaranteeing your full attention to internal spiritual quests.