Support others in reaching their fullest spiritual potential!
Full-time remote position available immediately (40 hours/week)
We are looking to hire YOU – a professional, organized and competent Communications and Team Assistant with a cheerful and positive disposition.
You would serve as the first point of contact and face of our school for potential and interested students; a vital support person for current students; and a key pillar in our daily operations and administrative infrastructure.
Somananda Tantra School is an international spiritual university dedicated to authentic tantric traditions. We connect with thousands of spiritual seekers and offer over 30 workshops and retreats every year.
Our university-style approach to spiritual education paves a clear path for genuine self-development and personal transformation, helping aspirants to discover and uncover all of the universal mysteries of life that lie deep within the soul.
Our admin team is small in size with close-knit ties and a loving community atmosphere. We are creative, high-performing individuals working together to achieve common goals and purpose.
As a team member you would be a team player who values professionalism, have a customer service oriented mindset, an ability to think on your feet and a liking for spiritual pursuits.
In this full-time remote position, you will be responsible for supporting the efficiency of all our admin operations, our founders, and the school as a whole so that we can operate in excellence and deliver our very best in both communication and spiritual education.
And you can do all this from the comfort of your living room or a beautiful beach or the top of a mountain. The world is your office!
Interested? Then keep reading for the full details of this role.
Communications and Team Assistant main job duties and responsibilities
- Assuming an active role as an advocate, first point of contact and communications leader of our organization – both an internal and external liaison; handling all daily communications, emails, texting and calls of Somananda Tantra School; keeping all team members informed about relevant updates and needs
- Provide administrative support to the general manager and co-founders of the school, as well as other team members
- Promptly responding to phone calls, emails and inquiries in a professional and knowledgeable manner
- Guiding new students through the enrollment process from start to finish as needed. This includes answering outstanding questions, sharing the application form, reviewing submitted materials, scheduling calls and interviews, sending out appropriate email communication indicating where the applicant is in the process, collecting pending payments, mailing or emailing course materials as well as the required “after care” that is needed once a student finishes a course
- Meticulous gathering, assembling, updating and maintaining of contact information, forms, registration files, records, and data
- Creation of email templates and other relevant communication documents
- Assisting in course preparations, such as course booklet printing and posting, supply purchases and coordinating delivery and receipt with on-site venues
- Maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of the communications process and the school as a whole
- Planning, managing and prioritizing a wide range of administrative duties as needed with resilience, flexibility and a “can do” attitude
- Social media management, posting and event creation
The ideal candidate
- You have proven and relevant experience in a team assistant or administrative role
- Organization and streamlining excites you and you have a very strong attention to detail
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities and are fluent in both written and spoken English
- You are able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with self-leadership, personal responsibility and excellent implementation and execution strategies
- You are an innovative thinker and creative personality with ideas for areas of improvement, problem-solving and growth
- You have experience in using various business processes and programs such as Google Drive, CRM interfaces and email marketing services, or you are very tech savvy with a willingness to learn
- You have an enthusiastic, motivated and positive attitude that is both solution-oriented and innovative
- You are both fluid and flexible and able to easily adapt your work schedule, tasks and duties and priorities according to peak periods and demands
- You are looking for an amazing full-time remote opportunity that allows you to apply your administrative and communication abilities and shine as an organizer
- You have your own laptop and continuous reliable access to high-speed internet
- You are passionate and excited to expand the reach and further the spiritual message and intent of Somananda Tantra School and help others (and yourself!) to realize their full divine potential!
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum 1-3 years of previous experience in the fields of administrative support, team leadership, secretarial duties and/or communications management
- Fluency in both written and spoken English language
- Proficiency in various business applications such as Google Drive, Email Marketing Services and cloud-based tools
- Superior organization and communication skills
- You are flexible to work weekends and late hours if and when needed as our team is spread in various time zones and our courses are often held over weekends